Good communication skills are often overlooked in the AI industry. But the first contact with your stakeholder is one of the most important interactions to ensure effective collaboration. Therefore, it is crucial to use good communication skills during the intake interview and throughout the follow-up process. In this two-day badge, you will develop practical skills to increase the effectiveness of your communication with stakeholders. Along with learning the L-S-D technique and personality framework to recognize your own communication style. Through various cases, you will rehearse intake interviews to reflect upon and adjust your style to the needs of your stakeholders.
Why is this for you?
Communication styles are the differentiating factor between good and excellent data scientists and engineers. This badge clarifies the structure and conversational skills needed to organize effective intakes. It will allow you to increase the impact of your communication with others and open the route to observe and adjust to personal styles. Mastery of these skills will result in the natural development of your (informal) position towards advisor and partner roles.
Who should attend?
This training is perfect for Data Scientists and Data Engineers. Possibly even essential. We don’t require any previous knowledge or experience, just an enthusiastic and experimental attitude.
What will you learn?
- The relevance of an intake interview
- Basic communication skills: listening, summarizing, and detailing (L-S-D)
- The four phases of an intake interview
- How to identify your own communication style and the style of others
- How to adapt to different communication styles to increase your effectiveness
- Defining the relevance of an intake interview – Understanding the relevance of having a good intake interview
- Communicating using L-S-D – Becoming competent in basic communication skills: listening, summarizing, and detailing
- Discovering the business question – Being able to steer the intake interview through the four phases necessary to discover and explore the business question
- Getting to know your communication style – Understanding your own communication style and learning to recognize the styles of others, using a predefined framework
- Leveraging different communication styles – Adapting to different communication styles to increase the effectiveness of intake interviews and follow-up communication
Theory and practical use
All trainings in the GAIn portfolio combine high-quality standardized training material with theory sessions from experts and hands-on experience where you directly apply the material to real-life cases. Each training is developed by top of the field practitioners which means they are full of industry examples along with practical challenges and know-how, fueling the interactive discussions during training. We believe this multi-level approach creates the ideal learning environment for participants to thrive.
Open Course Schedule
MIacademy does offer part of its portfolio in an Open Course Schedule Format in our location in the center of Amsterdam. Via the form below you can register your interest to participate. Our team will contact you to finalize the booking and answer any questions you may have.
All of our courses are delivered by our expert trainers.
If no dates are mentioned. The specific course is not scheduled yet in 2020. If this is the case you can use the form to register your interest. In case there is enough demand MIacademy can schedule additional courses and will notify you.
Are you are interested to train a larger group of people, looking for specific training pe or and/or interested in creating a company-wide program? We will be happy to assist!
Whether you have a very specific training need (for example: training your Data Engineers on advanced technical topics, or your Data Scientists on model implementation), or the need for a large transformational program, or something in between, we can help. Over the past 13 years, we have built up extensive experience not only in the implementation of multi-year, multi-population, multi-country programs but also in providing high quality, very specific modules for specific target groups. Both in in-house set-ups and cross-company programs. Not sure what type of program would fit your organization best? We’d be happy to discuss the best approach together.