Learn to leverage text analysis to grow your business. This two-day course will teach you to tackle unstructured pools of text and structure these for application in the analysis. Beginning with an introduction, we will follow all the steps to structure unstructured text data using different transformation methods such as DTM and TF-IDF, cleaning tools, and finally analyze the outcomes with basic and advanced analysis techniques. This is a practical hands-on course in which you will apply all theory to real cases performing text analysis. Moreover, we will pay special attention to transfer learning so you can work smarter, not harder, by transferring knowledge from pre-trained NLP models. Once completed, our Text Analysis training will arm you with the skills to have an immediate effect on your company, improve efficiency, and make predictions about the market.
Why is this for you?
We frequently see businesses that have the majority of their relevant data generated and stored in an unstructured written format. Most likely rendering it useless, meaning that there is a large amount of untapped potential waiting for your business. Our experts can help you utilize text analysis to transform this data to gain insights and make data-driven decisions on how to advance your organization.
Who should attend?
This training is great for Data Scientists who have previously completed our Machine Learning Process (3201) badge. Some techniques to analyze text such as LDA are quite technical, therefore, a basic level of mathematics and Python knowledge is required to fully grasp our training.
What will you learn?
- An overview of the benefits and challenges of text analysis
- Transformation methods including DTM and TF-IDF
- Cleaning methods: tokenization, regular expressions, stop words, stemming, and spelling
- Analysis methods: visualization and identification
- Advanced analysis methods: clustering using LDA and transfer learning
- Understand the text analysis landscape – Know the popular applications and typical challenges of text analysis
- Structuring unstructured data – Capable of following the required steps to structuring unstructured text data using different transformation methods
- Cleaning text data – Able to use different methods for data cleaning and explain when and when not to use these
- Basic analysis methods – Using a pragmatic toolbox to perform basic text description, clustering, and visualization
- Advanced analysis methods – Using sophisticated AI methods for automatic clustering and scoring of new documents
Theory and practical use
All trainings in the GAIn portfolio combine high-quality standardized training material with theory sessions from experts and hands-on experience where you directly apply the material to real-life cases. Each training is developed by top of the field practitioners which means they are full of industry examples along with practical challenges and know-how, fueling the interactive discussions during training. We believe this multi-level approach creates the ideal learning environment for participants to thrive.
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Transfer learning
Open Course Schedule
MIacademy offers part of its portfolio in an Open Course Schedule Format in our location in the center of Amsterdam. Via the form below you can register your interest to participate. Our team will contact you to finalize the booking and answer any questions you may have.
All of our courses are delivered by our expert trainers.
If no dates are mentioned, the specific course is not scheduled yet in 2020. If this is the case you can use the form to register your interest. In case there is enough demand MIacademy can schedule additional courses and will notify you.
Are you interested in training a larger group of people, looking for specific training or would you like to create a company-wide program? We will be happy to assist!
Whether you have a very specific training need (for example: training your Data Engineers on advanced technical topics, or your Data Scientists on model implementation), or the need for a large transformational program, or something in between, we can help. Over the past 13 years, we have built up extensive experience not only in the implementation of multi-year, multi-population, multi-country programs but also in providing high quality, very specific modules for specific target groups. Both in in-house set-ups and cross-company programs. Not sure what type of program would fit your organization best? We’d be happy to discuss the best approach together.