Summary | Financial Controller
MIcompany’s Finance Team is seeking an ambitious, hands-on colleague to help professionalizing our field of finance controlling. As a financial controller, you will build the internal finance function at a high growth, top-notch AI consulting scale-up. Develop yourself as an all-round financial and make a real and visible impact. Our ideal candidate has strong technical skills and a proven track record on all aspects of the financial function for a mid-sized company.
As a financial controller, you will take part in shaping the finance function and operations, joining together with our new CFO. Your day-to-day responsibilities combine operational topics and collaborating on strategic-decision making, developing a new financial strategy for the company. You will become an expert in translating the project brief to financial processing and will provide close support to our accountant with the goal of automating most of these tasks. If you are an ambitious finance professional with a critical mindset ready for the next step with lots of growth opportunities, apply now for this exciting new opportunity!
MIcompany is an AI company with offices in Amsterdam and Tel Aviv. We are a forward-thinking consultancy in constant development. Our team of more than 100 data scientists, AI engineers & software engineers serve industry leading companies.
Enjoy a fantastic view of Amsterdam from our top floor, along with frequent activities and drinks on our rooftop terrace. In our driven, team-oriented atmosphere, colleagues are encouraged to share successes and challenges. We offer substantial opportunities for both personal and professional development, cherishing the welcoming environment that is present the moment you step into our office.
As a Financial Controller at MIcompany…
- You prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements – including annual report.
- You reconcile bank statements and ensure accurate cash management.
- You prepare reporting and performance management information.
- You review and approve invoices, payments, and expense reimbursements.
- You develop and implement financial policies and procedures together with CFO.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- At least a BSc in a related field.
- A background in accountancy.
- 4-8 years hands-on experience in a financial role.
- Experience with financial systems in a similar environment.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Dutch GAAP (NL accounting rules)/basic Dutch tax rules.
- A relevant post-doc or similar qualification (pre).
- International experience, or with overseas subsidiaries (pre).
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Annual performance-based bonus (approximately one month's salary).
- Yearly salary increase.
- 25 vacation days and two additional days.
- NS business card.
- 50% pension contribution.
- 50% coverage for mandatory WIA (Work and Income Act) insurance.
- Exciting team activities (Friday afternoon drinks, annual international trips, quarterly team days, and festive Christmas celebrations!).
- Opportunities for professional development through training.
Interested? Apply now! And who knows, maybe we will see you soon!
Questions? Feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.